Top Ten Tuesday is an weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week participants list their Top Ten choices for a weekly theme. This week's theme is: Top Ten Beach Reads!
The way I define a "beach read" is something that can get you in the mood for summer. Most of the books here remind me of summer in some aspect :)
1. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han. "Summer lovin, had me a blast!"
2. Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan. Hello? Summer camp? Except for demigods?
3. The Christy Miller series by Robin Jones Gunn. Hot surfer dudes and 14 year old girls on vacation in California! YEAH!
4. Angel's Grace by Tracey Baptiste. Summer in Trinidad with a bit of mystery. So great!
5. The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. Nothing says "beach read" than a summer romance by a beach in North Carolina.
6. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Ann Brashares. Pants are a girl's best friend!
7. The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall. Read this back in 6th grade & the four girls in this story make the most of their summer and make it one to remember.
8. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. A truly beautiful love story.
9. Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli. One word: magical.
10. Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison. I feel kinda summer-y whenever I read a story that takes place in England.
What's your top 10?