Graphic by myeverydaylifeblog.com
It's almost the start of summer for me! I only have one more final left and I just can't wait!
So, my throwback Thursday...Last summer, at the end of the summer, there was an author event nearby where I live. I live in the suburbs of Chicago, Illinois. I was unable to attend the event, BUT, I was able to get some cool stuff from the authors featured there!
The event was 5 Good Reasons to Read YA and it took place at
Anderson's Bookshop on August 30, 2012 in Naperville, IL.
Veronica Roth, Erica O'Rourke, Dan Krokos, Susan Dennard and Leigh Bardugo!I was bummed that I was unable to go, but, that didn't stop me from getting exclusive material from each of the authors! The first 240 to by two or more books by the authors from this bookshop received a special booklet full of exclusive secret content. I ordered my books online and was able to get my two books autographed by the authors themselves!
Here's what I received:
- A First Army poster designed by Marissa Mukavetz for Leigh Bardugo's Shadow and Bone. This posters was signed by the author and labeled as the official first print run!
- A 40 page booklet containing exclusive content from the authors!
- an alternate, never-before seen opening to Insurgent by Veronica Roth
- a scene from Something Strange & Deadly from Daniel Sheridan's point-of-view by Susan Dennard
- two secret Before and After scenes from Erica O'Rourke's Torn series
- the first five pages of the second book in the False Memory series by Dan Krokos
The two books I bought were Insurgent by Veronica Roth and Bound by Erica O'Rourke. I got them both autographed by the authors!
The only book I have read from these authors is Insurgent by Veronica Roth. I have Erica O'Rourke's Torn dowloaded on my kindle, & Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo is very high on my TBR list!
Even though I couldn't go, I still received all of this in the mail, & it was a great gift to end my summer. Now summer is starting up again and I'm excited to see what's in store!