Monday, August 18, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #9: Books People Have Been Telling Me That I MUST Read


Top Ten Tuesday is an weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  Each week participants list their Top Ten choices for a weekly theme. This week's theme is: Top Ten Books People Have Been Telling Me That I MUST Read!

Luckily in my blogsphere and online book friend-o-sphere, I have friends who pretty much lay down the law and say, "SARAH. READ THIS."  Or in general someone will have finished up a book and say "READ THIS IT IS SO GOOD."  And anytime I ask for recommendations, they say the EXACT same book every single time.

Amy and Roger's Epic DetourThe Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2)Perfected

1.  Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson:  My one friend who I feel is Morgan's biggest fan is absolutely in love with her books and just at the mention of her books she will start to go in all caps saying how much she loves her books or wants me and others to read them.  I've already read Second Chance Summer and Since You've Been Gone and LOVED them, so this would be next best.

2. The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin:  I have read the first book, so this book would be next and my one friend is totally in love with this series and Noah Shaw & of course she has the highest recommendation for this book and for this series.

3. Perfected by Kate Jarvik Birch:  Another friend that I have won't stop talking about this book and how great it is.  Not to mention, she has a selfie of her and the book as her profile picture.  

Nil (Nil, #1)The Glass Castle

4.  Nil by Lynne Matson:  I'm pretty sure this was described to me as The Maze Runner meets Lost.  It sounds so interesting and I'm excited to read it, but my TBR list is so so long!

5. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls:  My sophomore English teacher, who I have frequent conversations about books we've read, recommended me this book.  In fact she ordered me to read it.  We have different reading interests, but I won't let her down.  Even though I keep procrastinating reading it.  I'll get on that!

Obsidian (Lux, #1)Thirteen Reasons Why

6.  Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout:  My friends have been bingeing this series and now these books are one of the main topics of conversation.  I really like the idea of the series, and I think I'll pick it up soon!

7.  Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher:  I've heard from so many people that this book is everything and I should read it.  That I need to read it.  It looks like something I would love and take to heart, so I'm excited to read it, when I get to it of course.

A Thousand Splendid SunsSomething Strange and Deadly (Something Strange and Deadly, #1)The Testing (The Testing, #1)

8.  A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Husseini:  Again, my sophomore English teacher, aka my fave teacher, recommended me this book & said it was her favorite.  And from what I've heard about it, I have no doubts about how good the book is, or will be to me.

9.  Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard:  My librarian friend, who happens to be a blogger and booktuber, recommended me this book saying that if I loved The Infernal Devices series, I would love this.  I hope to read it in the near future!

10.  The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau:  Highly recommended by my one friend who loves the series & she loves talking to the author.  I'm not sure if I'll read the book yet, but because it's recommended by this one person, I might give it chance.  MIGHT.

What's your Top Ten?



9 comments:

Michelle said...

13 Reasons Why is one of my favs. I also really liked the 2nd Mara Dyer book... can't wait for that 3rd one to come out!!! I'd also like to read Amy and Roger. I love roadtrip books :)

My TTT

Unknown said...

I actually didn't enjoy Obsidian, but many of my friends did.
My TTT

Aisha Ali said...

I really enjoyed Something Strange and Deadly and The Testing
Check Out My TTT

Unknown said...

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour and the Lux series are one of my favourite books! I loved them! You should definitely read them!

My TTT

Isabel @ liberamans

Rachel said...

I LOVED 13 Reasons Why and A Thousand Splendid Suns. I actually listened to the audiobook of A Thousand Splendid Suns in the car and it was great…highly recommended. Definitely read them when you get a chance!

Ange said...

Something Strange and Deadly is SO GOOD!!! The Testing is one I was just talking about yesterday and how I really needed to get to it. Too funny. Obsidian is also on my TBR list and I own it so I really have no excuses do I!? :/ Happy reading.
Top 10 @Libby Blog

Eileen said...

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour is a fun road trip book! It's got sad parts but I think it's definitely worth a read :) I'm looking forward to picking up the Something Strange and Deadly series too!

Eileen @ BookCatPin

Unknown said...

A Thousand Splendid Suns is really good. I read it about 5 years ago when I was in high school. I really need to reread it. And, if you haven't read Khaled Hosseini's other work, The Kite Runner, I recommend that, too! Here's a link to my TTT: http://girlwritesreviews.blogspot.com/2014/08/top-ten-tuesday-books-ive-been-told-i.html?m=1

Unknown said...

13 Reasons Why is a good book. When you get a chance you should it.
I've read both Second Chance Summer and Amy & Roger's Epic Detour and loved them. I really wish she would write a sequel to Amy & Roger. There is just so much more that I want to know. I've currently reading Since You've Been Gone.
You've been recommended some good books.

https://innerworkingsofthefemalemind.wordpress.com/

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio