Wednesday, June 4, 2014

How to Prepare for the TFIOS Movie


If you haven't heard of this book, where have you been?  Haha as pretty much all of you know, The New York Times Bestseller, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green is a movie, & I'm seeing it tomorrow night!  There's been so much buzz about the movie everywhere & honestly, in comparison with other book to movie adaptions, this is hitting a wider audience than The Hunger Games or Divergent.  What I mean by wider audience is that there are a different variety of people who would want to see this.  I've known a lot of people who aren't necessarily crazy about The Hunger Games or Divergent.  It's a hit or miss, but most of the time it's a hit.  Not only is TFIOS a book to movie adaption that will break the hearts of the readers, but also the non-readers.  I obsess over THG a lot, but I haven't seen a lot of people as excited for the movie as I was when it first came out.  I mean, fans of the book were excited, but no one else really cared.  With TFIOS it's a whole other ball game.  I see tweets from friends at school who are more than excited to see the movie regardless if they've read the book or not. Of course, it's very very smart to read the book before seeing the movie for REASONS & for the fact that the book is pretty much always better than the movie.

Now, since I'm seeing it tomorrow, there's a few things I've been doing or will do or have in preparation for it.  

1. I'm going to reread the book tomorrow so that it will be fresh in my mind for the movie.  This will be my second reread & it will be a privilege to have my heart broken...AGAIN.


2.  Listen to the soundtrack over and over and over and over until my ears hurt.  Especially "Boom Clap" which has been going on and on and on and on on in my house on repeat.  If you haven't seen the video, watch it below!  Don't watch it too many times though, because you will get emotional.


3.  Prepare the tissues.  Let's be honest.  There are going to be too many feels.  The box will be done for by the time this movie is over.  I mean I already cried during the book.  Just imagine how hard hitting it will be on the big screen. (THANKS EPICREADS FOR THE PICTURE).


4. Painting the nails.  I gotta be all decked out in support of my fandom.  But of course I have to get the supplies first.  Something close to this. 


5. Preparing my outfit for the premiere!  My wonderful friend Myca made a bunch of shirts inspired by TFIOS and I bought one from her!  If you want one, email her at myca13xo@gmail.com.  Be sure to tell her the size and color you want.  Also it's a vneck!  I can't wait to use this to cushion my tears after all the tissues are gone.



6.  Tweet ALL of the people involved with the book the movie and just give them a big thank you and congrats.  They have all worked so hard to put this together.  And John Green, he made a fantastic book that deserves such amazing praise.  I don't think he realizes how much the book has meant to a lot of us.

7.  Say a prayer to all those people, young and old, living with cancer.  It breaks my heart every day.  Cancer is a real thing.  It's not something fictional like we want it to be.  It still exists today in different forms.  All I know is that all those people are fighting & they won't give up until they defeat cancer.  They're some of the strongest people I know.  My friend is one of the strongest people I know.

Anyways, I'm so excited to see the movie tomorrow, and probably see it over and over.  How are you preparing for it?  What are you most excited about?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio