Top Ten Tuesday is an weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week participants list their Top Ten choices for a weekly theme. This week's theme is: Top Ten Books I'm Not Sure I Want to Read!
I have two different lists: Books I will probably never pick up or need serious convincing to pick up and books that are on my TBR that I really need opinions on!
Books I Might Not Pick Up
1. Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. While it seems like the first book is all the buzz, the next books in the series are kinda drags on? To be honest, I've heard too many mixed reviews about this book for me to be interested in reading it.
2. Evermore by Alyson Noel. The synopsis makes it look like an interesting read that will be sure to capture my attention, my friends' goodreads reviews say otherwise.
3. Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James. Never ever will I read these kinds of books. I don't care if there is a movie coming out. No one can make me even think of reading this.
4. The rest of The Beautiful Creatures series by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. The first book was good! But I tried reading the next book and it was just too boring. Come to think of it, I'm not really sure I want to read the rest. I'm just not that interested in that really.
5. The Island of Excess Love by Francesca Lia Block. I received an ARC of this book, but after reading the first in its series, which didn't excite me at all, I'm pretty sure that reading this would be a waste of my time.
6. The Vampire Diaries by L. J. Smith. Yes, I own the books, but too much Vampire drama for my taste. Maybe one day I'll read it. But then again, there's other books I could be reading right now.
7. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan. I just really don't think I would like this book. Plus, there's a lot of mixed reviews from my friends on goodreads.
8. Marked by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast. Too many negative reviews for me to be interested. Sorry.
9. Panic by Lauren Oliver. I hear the book is great but it's missing depth. I like depth in characters and backstories and plot & from what I hear, there is a lack of that.
10. Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer. Tried reading this once before and was bored out of my mind. But then again I own 5 books in the series so I guess you never know.
Books I Need Opinions On
1. Landline by Rainbow Rowell. I know you guys will hate me for this one, but honestly I can't get into NA or Adult these days. Sometimes there's exceptions and this is most likely one because Rainbow wrote one of my all time favorite books.
2. The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings. The author seems so sweet and my friends have given awesome reviews, but I need some extra advice!
3. I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore. I was told that this was a Full Fathom Five book and there have been mixed reviews, but I still really want to read it. Worth it?
4. Leviathan by Scott Westerfield. I don't really like the Uglies series and I'm wondering if all of Scott's writing is similar to that. I've heard nothing but praise about this book but I'm pretty skeptical.
5. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. I've heard bad and good things and I'm not sure what to believe.
6. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. Same as the previous.
7. The Clique series by Lisi Harrison. I've already read the first who knows how many books from this series. Is it even worth it?
8. Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan. It's adult fiction, but it seems super interesting. Good reviews all around, but would a YA lover love it?
9. The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson. I was recommended this book once. Read part of it, didn't like it, but I heard it gets better?
10. Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken. Of course I want to read this, cause I like The Darkest Minds but I have some doubts...
Let me know! And link me to your TTT as well!