Thursday, August 14, 2014

TEA TIME REWIND #71 (2): Book Care!

Tea Time with Team Epic ReadsThis is my second time doing a Tea Time Rewind based on this week's Tea Time video hosted by the wonderful Epic Reads.

If you have never heard of Epic Reads, they are the YA community of HarperCollins publishers and they're just really cool and awesome and if you love YA, you'll love Epic Reads.  

So every Wednesday at 3:45 EST, They have this awesome thing called Tea Time where the wonderful hosts, Margot and Aubry, just talk YA books and ask & answer a bunch of questions and it's just a really great way of connecting with other readers and learning about books you probably should read.





Watch this week's video here!



So first on the agenda...
What Am I Reading?

Well, I just recently finished Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas which I absolutely LOVED.  And yesterday, I finished Floating Boy and the Girl Who Couldn't Fly by P. T. Jones which I really didn't care for.  But the book I am reading right at this moment is Heist Society by Ally Carter.  I'm actually rereading this right now so I can jump into the next two books in the series as soon as I'm done and know what's going on.

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)Floating Boy and the Girl Who Couldn't FlyHeist Society (Heist Society, #1)

Then we moved onto the question of the week:
If you were moving, how would you downsize your book collection if you need to?

As I'm going to college, I've been thinking about this a lot.  Of course I'll leave a lot of my books at home, and I'm gonna be bringing some of them to college with me.  But moving specifically, I'm not sure how I would cope with downsizing my book collection.  I am too much of a book hoarder.  I'm the girl with 3 physical copies of Mockingjay, let's be real here.  I might give some to friends who I know would be able to take care of it, or I might give away some of the ARCs I received.  And if there's a book I know I'm never gonna read, there's no reason for me to keep it.  Donating to Half Price Books might be a good option.  But, I'm not at this level right now.  I'm gonna keep being a book hoarder because BOOKS.

Then we have the question inspired by the latest Book Nerd Problems Video!
What book have you and your BFF disagreed on?

Over the years, there have been books I have disagreed on with my friends, but I'll just name a couple that come to mine.

The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1)A book I love that my friends don't:

The Summer series by Jenny Han

I LOVE this book series, and was very happy to recommend it to 3 of my friends.  Turns out they didn't like it as much as I did.  This turned into constant group chat arguments about why we like one of the brothers over the other or how extra annoying Belly is.  I mean, my goodreads ratings for all 3 books are 5+ stars each.  My friends rated the series 3 stars.  ONLY 3?  IS YOUR MIND OKAY?  I THINK YOU NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR.  NOT THE DOCTOR WHO FLIES AROUND IN A TARDIS BUT AN ACTUAL DOCTOR THAT GIVES YOU SHOTS AND SUCH.



A book my friends love that I don't:

My Life Next Door & What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick

My Life Next Door (My Life Next Door, #1)What I Thought Was TrueHonestly, these books were entertaining and they were cute but it just didn't cut it for me.  I don't know what it was about these books, maybe the constant idea of sex or the fact that in My Life Next Door the first real conversation between Samantha and Jase felt completely unnatural?  And in both books, you think it's happily ever after but then you realize there's about 100 more pages left.  Oh goody!  A new conflict.  I mean the books weren't terrible but would I read another book by Huntley?  Probably not.

And finally...
Book Care Tips

Honestly, I have none.  The Tea Time video pretty much covered those bases.  But one this I suggest that everyone hates...if you have a book that you pretty much treasure, it might be a good idea to keep the dust jacket on.  You wouldn't want any grease on the cover would you?  Or another tip I recommend, specifically for stickers on books...if you don't have Goo Glue but you just want to peel it off that way, first of all be careful.  And if you have strong and long nails, try taking the sticker off like you would but on tights, where you should probably bunch it all together first.  Don't just peel and go, but make sure you don't leave room for error.

And that is all for now.  Until next time, fellow Crumpets!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio